Apparently April 6th is National Caramel Popcorn Day and who are we to argue with something as delicious as that? To celebrate, we have a delicious recipe to share with you!
You might also like: Matcha lovers, we have a popcorn recipe that’s going to rock your world.
Even if you’ve NEVER made caramel popcorn before, you’ll be able to whip up the perfect batch using this simple recipe. Enjoy!
No Fail Caramel Popcorn
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), diced
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. Be sure to remove any unpopped kernels.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large, deep pot, stir together brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt over medium heat until well blended.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 5 minutes. DO NOT STIR.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly stir popcorn into hot mixture until completely coated.
- Spread onto prepared baking sheet and allow to cool. Break into smaller pieces.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of the Popcorn Board.