It’s 2019 and kale still isn’t up there on my favourite foods list, however since it’s supposed to be really good for you, it must still be healthy when you eat it like a snack… right?
This recipe for Kale Lime Popcorn is a little more up my alley. And maybe you’d like to give it a try too!
Honestly, any recipe that doesn’t request that I massage the kale is a good recipe to me. I’m just not doing it. This recipe uses kale chips and I’ve linked an easy recipe for that below, or you can just buy them at the grocery store and skip that step entirely.
Scroll down for the recipe! It’s super simple and if you don’t happen to have a popcorn maker, feel free to sub in a bag of microwave popcorn. No judgement here — that stuff’s delicious!
Kale Lime Popcorn
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup crushed kale chips
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Wisk lime zest, lime juice and butter together. Toss to coat popcorn.
- Sprinkle kale over popcorn, missing to distribute evenly.
Recipe courtesy of the Popcorn Board.