I’m still riding the matcha high these days (lattes are life) so of course I’m going to be pumped about a matcha recipe that involves popcorn. And honey. Are you ready for this?
I’ve been trying to change up my eating habits lately, for the better, and popcorn is such a good snack — you’ve got that crunch, it’s satisfying, and you get to feed your eyes too, with a GREAT BIG BOWL for very few calories.
Want to give this Honey Matcha Popcorn recipe a go? Keep scrolling and enjoy!
Honey Matcha Popcorn
- 12 cups unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place popcorn in large mixing bowl.
- In small saucepan set over medium heat, melt together butter, honey, matcha and salt, stirring until dissolved. Pour over popcorn; toss to combine.
- Spread onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until popcorn is dry. Let cool completely before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the Popcorn Board.