The second week of school is over and I’m so glad to have the weekend to reconnect with Gretchen. These last days have been tricky, but any new routine is going to have bumps.
Thankfully, despite the crummy moments, Gretchen still tells me there’s more good than bad and that she’s enjoying it overall.
I’m honestly still getting used to what it’s like to have so much more time to dedicate to my work. It’s been years since I’ve had time to myself during the day, regularly, and it’s been an interesting change.
And speaking of change… I chopped all my hair off.
For the last few years (maybe four years??) I’ve had my hair quite long, but with a shaved nape. I really liked it for a while, but eventually, no matter what your hairstyle is, you end up craving a change.
And I happen to have an amazing hairdresser, who I went to for the first time when I was 19, who helped me make that leap.
I went in to get a trim and to tidy up the back of my neck because the shaved part grows SO fast and she was like “so are you ready to grow it out?” and I realized I really was. But I needed that push because I knew it was going to mean a drastic chop chop.
And so, I did it.
Chop chop, indeed.
I used to have super short hair, but I like having long hair more. However, this short ‘do has its perks. Like the fact that I can wash and dry it in about a minute.
Also, maybe it seems counterintuitive to chop all your hair off when winter is coming, but I’d rather have short hair through the winter that won’t get matted and knotted when I wear toques and scarves — and in the summer I want long hair that I can tie back.
It’s a win-win.
I’m actually really loving it short. It was a means to an end, but I think I’m genuinely going to enjoy this phase.
I hope you’re doing well, friends! Now onto this week’s fawning…
01. Pumpkin spice margaritas.
02. I 100% want to go to this Dr. Seuss exhibit coming to Toronto next month.
03. Oh no. I don’t think I could handle this IT lamp in my house.
04. This cookbook looks amazing.
05. What’s on your fall bucket list?
06. Definitely trying this new recipe soon.
07. Motherhood feels.
08. I can’t wait for the next Harry Potter illustrated edition to come out.
09. Mmm, tasty and dairy-free.
In case you missed it:
- I can’t wait to read this effin’ book.
- We take our Harry Potter fandom pretty seriously over here.
- I’m pretty sure bento boxes are a new love language.
Fawned Friday finds:
- Get $3 USD off your copy of Picture Play, an awesome eBook dedicated to phone photography, with the code SOFAWNED
- Learn how to conquer your email and hit inbox zero for GOOD inside my Inbox Hero course. Only $10.
- Click here to get $10 of your first order from HOLOS
Fawned Friday is a weekly recap + a collection of my favourites finds from the week. If you have an idea for something I might love, send me a note on Twitter or email sofawned@ . This post contains affiliate links.