I loooove this time of year.
The breezes through my office window are cooling down and I’ve actually been wearing sweaters. Winston, our 13-year-old Boston Terrier, has been thrilled that we’re actually turning the fireplace on some evenings because his bed is right in front of it and that’s his jam.
You might like this: 5 unusual lattes to cozy up with this fall.
I’ve been sipping my cool-weather tea and even though it’s still summer and we’re still having hotter afternoons, I can SMELL the change in seasons coming up soon.
It’s the best time of year.
The other day, my partner Rich came up to me in the kitchen and said, “I want to do fall and winter so hard this year. Let’s do it all.”
I mean, we live in a place where it’s cold most of the year. We have to embrace it.
Sometimes I find myself just hiding from the snow and ice, but this year we’re going to do it up even harder than we usually do. We’re going to decorate EVERYTHING. I’m already thinking about Thanksgiving dinner recipes and pie and all those yummy holiday smells.
I’m definitely getting ahead of myself but I’m in a daydreamy-autumnal place in my mind right now, haha. Let me have it!
Today I’m heading downtown to meet up with a client and then I’m looking forward to spending a chill weekend with Gretchen after her first week of grade five.
She’s exhausted, I can tell. It’s going to take a bit for that pattern to feel normal, but she’s doing such an amazing job.
I’m heckin’ proud, that’s for sure.
View this post on Instagram
Suddenly grade 5. Suddenly taking the bus. Suddenly walking to the bus stop on her own. They warn you about the baby years flashing you by, but man, this big kids stuff is hitting me even harder. ⏳ She brought home a form last night to fill out so she can run for class prime minister. But also she lost her water bottle on the second day of school, so maybe she'll still need her mama a little while longer. ☺️
Ok, now that I’ve yammered for quite long enough, let’s get onto this week’s fawning… enjoy!
01. The Effin’ Birds book is on pre-order right now and I need it.
02. This photo is magical and gives me all the fall feels.
04. This is the sweetest anniversary gift.
05. I don’t need another backpack, but I keep coming back to this one.
06. Hello, perfect autumnal drink. I’m so ready.
07. How cute are these hopscotch cookies?
08. Of COURSE I’m excited about a tea Pokémon. It’s like they know me.
In case you missed it:
- Being self-employed ain’t for the faint of heart but I wouldn’t change it for anything.
- The end of summer and a whole new beginning.
- It’s time to get back to old school blogging.
Fawned Friday finds:
- Get $3 USD off your copy of Picture Play, an awesome eBook dedicated to phone photography, with the code SOFAWNED
- Learn how to conquer your email and hit inbox zero for GOOD inside my Inbox Hero course. Only $10.
- The Nespresso Inissia is on sale at Indigo for $99 down from $179 CAD
- Click here to get $10 of your first order from HOLOS
Fawned Friday is a weekly recap + a collection of my favourites finds from the week. If you have an idea for something I might love, send me a note on Twitter or email sofawned@ . This post contains affiliate links.