Why does autumn only last a hot minute? Honestly, I know it’s cliche to crush on autumn, but I love it SO MUCH and having just read that it’s supposed to be -15℃ tomorrow night, I’m already pining for the return of pumpkin weather. However, since we still officially have a few weeks of fall left, I wanted to share recipe that’s got autumn written all over it.
Packed with nutritious greens and savoury flavours, this warm salad gets to be comfort food without being heavy or unhealthy. And just look at those colours! Delish!
Evergreen Autumn Warm Salad Recipe
Roasted Greens and Sweet Potato + Maple and Spicy Mustard Vinaigrette | Serves 4
This recipe comes to us from Adrianne Calvo, the Executive Chef and owner of Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar in Miami.
- 2 sweet potatoes, rough cut
- 2 cups 0rganic Kale
- 1 cup organic Brussels sprout, halved
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped, and toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bring a small pot of water to boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, two mustards, vinegar, and olive oil until well blended. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Set aside.
- On a cookie sheet, add the Brussels sprout and kale. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until they begin to char. Meanwhile, boil the sweet potato chunks for 10-12 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- To assemble the dish, place the roasted greens on the plate then dot with the sweet potato. Add the toasted pecans, dried cranberries, and goat cheese. Drizzle with the maple and spicy mustard vinaigrette.
Adrianne Calvo is the Executive Chef and owner of Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar, Host of Maximum Flavor Live on NBC’s 6 in the Mix, author of four cookbooks, and founder of the Make it Count Foundation.
Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar opened in 2007 and offers a varied and rotating menu with something for everyone. Monthly, the restaurant holds its signature event, Dark Dining, where guests are blindfolded for a sensual experience eliminating one sense to enhance another, providing maximum flavor.